Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
You agree and acknowledge that you have read the Terms set forth below. We may amend the Terms at any time by posting an updated version on the App. The updated version of these Terms shall take effect immediately upon posting and may be notified, via the App. It is your responsibility to review these Terms periodically for updates / changes.
You have the right to opt-out of agreeing to these Terms, and therefore also using the App. If you are not comfortable with any of the Terms or do not wish to be bound by the same, you are at liberty to refrain from using the App and the App Services.
However, please be aware that your use of the App Services would mean deemed acceptance of these Terms and its associated policies mentioned here, including any modification thereof. As long as you comply with these Terms, OKIE VENTURES grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to use the App Services.
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- “App” means the mobile application developed by OKIE VENTURES for android and/or iOS mobile platform, including any updates thereof.
- “Person” shall mean any natural person, limited or unlimited liability company, corporation, partnership (whether limited or unlimited), proprietorship, Hindu undivided family, trust, union, association, government or any agency or political subdivision thereof or any other entity that may be treated as a person under applicable law.
- “Mobile Game” refers to video games of skill available on our App developed by OKIE VENTURES and Third Party Game Developers.
- “Third Party Game Developer” refers to any Person or Entity whose Mobile Game is available on our platform or App.
- “Redemption Store” shall mean brand sponsored product, services, deals or products, services, deals directly provided to the user or player by procuring from third party website or application.
- “Sponsored Content Partner” means a user engaged with us for display of Sponsored Content on the App.
- “Sponsored Content” means content distinct from other regular editorial content displayed on the App, in the form of audio, video, text and/or image media which supports a third party Person’s brand message or views that is readily identifiable upfront through distinct and distinguishable font, colour, display schemes and/or usage of disclaiming words other than those used for regular editorial content (such as Ad”, “Powered by”, “Sponsored by”, “With”, Advertorial” and such other phrase of like meaning).
- “User” or “You” or “Your” refers to any Person who has accepted this Agreement to download and/or use the App.
- USERS’ APPROVAL
- Users approve of and accept this Agreement by:
- Downloading and/or installing the App on Your device; or
- Accessing or using the App or any of the content available within the App from any device; or
- Users may accept this Agreement only if:
- if such user is a natural person, is of the legal age, eligibility and mental capacity to form a binding contract with OKIE VENTURES.
- if such User is a juristic person, is lawfully existing and has all the authorizations, permits and allowances to enter into this Agreement and form a binding contract.
- such user is not legally barred or restricted from using the App.
- PROVISION OF THE APP
- The App is designed to provide you an in-app browsing experience through an embedded browser. The App is per se a platform which hosts Mobile Games developed by OKIE VENTURES and Third Party Game Developers. The App does not host, display or transmit any content owned by third parties on its servers, unless we either have a license or are not prohibited under the applicable law, to do the same. When you play a game, you agree and acknowledge that the App does not create and/or broadcast any content on its own accord and OKIE VENTURES is not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of the Mobile Game that may be accessed by you through the App.
- The App may include links to other mobile applications and/or websites (some of which may be automated search results) which may contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate. We do not endorse or support these links or the products and services they provide; these links are provided for your convenience only. We are not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of such links.
- You agree and acknowledge that OKIE VENTURES may, pursuant to its engagement with certain Sponsored Content Partners, place certain Sponsored Content on, about, or in conjunction with the other content within the App. The manner, mode and extent of display of such Sponsored Content is subject to change without a specific notice to you.
- In order to provide the App to you, we may request you to register and/or provide information about yourself. We trust that any information provided by you will always be true, accurate, complete and updated.
- The content displayed on the App is for your non-commercial and personal use. However, Sponsored.
- Content Partners may use the App to display their respective Sponsored Content for commercial purposes. You are not allowed to copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works of, or publicly display any content displayed on the App.
- We may stop provision of the App (or any part of the App), permanently or temporarily, to you or to Users generally or may modify or change the nature of the App and/or these Terms at our sole discretion, without any prior notice to you. Your use of the App following any such modification constitutes your deemed acceptance to be bound by the Agreement (or as it may be modified).
- You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the App.
- YOUR AGREEMENT WITH OKIE VENTURES
- A violation of this Agreement may result in a legal liability upon you and that nothing in this Agreement should be construed to confer any rights to any third party or Person. You are responsible for your content, conduct and activities while using the App, and for any consequences thereof.
- If any provision of the Agreement is found to be unenforceable under the applicable law, it will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed superseded by a valid enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- We may choose to not act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by You or others, but this does not mean that we cannot act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. Our intended or unintended failure to exercise or enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- In the event a Participant indicates, while entering an address in the KYC form, that he/she is a resident of either Assam, Odisha, Telangana, Nagaland or Sikkim, such Participant will not be permitted to proceed to withdraw any amount from OKIE VENTURES.
- USING THE APP
- You will download and install the App from website and/ or Google Play Store and/or Apple App Store for using it. You will also download and update the relevant latest versions of the App and any relevant updates provided by Us to avail continued access to the App. Notwithstanding anything else contained herein, You may use the App for display of Mobile Games or Sponsored Content as either a Third Party Game Developer or as a Sponsored Content Partner only upon a written approval from OKIE VENTURES in this regard. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on engaging with us as a Sponsored Content Partner.
- While the App is available to you free of cost, we may amend these Terms and impose a cost on the App in future. We don’t promise to but will try our best to give you a prior notice in this regard.
- User will use the App only for such purposes as is permitted by:
- this Agreement; and
- if User is a natural Person, any law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines applicable in the country of which User is a citizen, in which User is resident or from where User uses the App; or
- if User is a juristic Person, any law, regulation or generally accepted industry practices and guidelines applicable in the country where User is registered, where User maintains its principal office or from where User uses the App.
- For Your use of the App, OKIE VENTURES grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to install and use the App on Your android/iOS device. However, you shall not copy the App or any of its components, except for the purpose of making a single archival backup copy.
- OKIE VENTURES also grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access such content on the App which is owned by OKIE VENTURES. For using any content owned by a third party Person, You still require a license from such third party Person, We don’t license such content to You and Your use of content owned by a third party Person is governed by applicable terms and conditions prescribed by such third party Person.
- OKIE VENTURES REDEMPTION STORE
- OKIE VENTURES tokens can be converted into OKIE VENTURES cash at a particular conversion rate, which can be changed without prior notice
- Products or Services or Deals on OKIE VENTURES redemption store can be removed without any prior information and notice.
- User shall check whether product, services are available for the particular brand in their location before redemption.
- Products or Services or Deals on OKIE VENTURES redemption store is provided by third party or brands and OKIE VENTURES doesn’t have any control on the quality of the product received.
- There is no refund of the product on redemption store.
- Exchange can happen at brand website and as per brand guidelines, rules & regulations.
- RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR USE
- You will not use the App, or any content provided thereof for any purpose that is illegal, unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement.
- You will not access (or attempt to access) the App and/or the content provided through the App by any means other than through the App, unless You have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate written agreement with OKIE VENTURES.
- You will not redistribute, sublicense, rent, publish, sell, assign, lease, market, transfer, or otherwise make the App or any component or content thereof, available to third parties.
- You will not circumvent or disable any digital rights management, usage rules, or other security features of App; remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notices (including copyright notices) on any portion of the App; and not use the App in a manner that threatens the integrity, performance, or availability of the App.
- You will not attempt to or engage in any activity that may:
- reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise extract the source code related to the App or any part thereof, unless it is expressly permitted by OKIE VENTURES to You in writing or is required by the applicable law;
- use any robot, spider, retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the App or content thereof;
- collect information about Users for any illegal or unlawful purpose;
- create any user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretences for using the App;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature through the App;
- use the App in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair, or undertake any action which is harmful or potentially harmful to, any of the servers, networks, computer systems or resources connected to any of the servers connected, directly or indirectly to the App, or interfere with any other third party Person’s use and enjoyment of the App;
- carry out any denial of service (DoS, DDoS) or any other harmful attacks on the App or; disrupt or place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, or interfere with or attempt to make, or attempt any unauthorized access to the App or any part of the App or any User of the App;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the App; and/or
- obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available, in the opinion of OKIE VENTURES, through the App.
- You will not impersonate another Person or impersonate, guide or host on behalf of, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any Person or entity, including, but not limited to our officials, employees, agents, partners, affiliates, dealers and franchisees.
- OKIE VENTURES may, in accordance with the laws prevailing in certain Indian states, bar individuals residing in those states from participating in the Contest(s). Currently, individuals residing in the Indian states of Assam, Odisha, Telangana, Nagaland or Sikkim may not participate or withdraw their winning amounts from the application.
- Your access to the App may be terminated if:
- You voluntarily uninstall the App from Your device;
- You do not pay the requisite fee, if any, should OKIE VENTURES charge for use of the App.
- We may have to terminate your access to the App if:
- We are required to do so by law (for example, where the access to and/or provision of the App to you becomes, unlawful);
- The third party Person, if any, with whom we offered the App to you has terminated its relationship with us or ceased to offer the related services to us or to you;
- The provision of App to You, is no longer commercially viable or feasible for us; or
- We may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without notice and may procure disabling your access to the App and/or barring you from any future use of the App.
- You may terminate this Agreement at any time by terminating your access to the App. However, your certain obligations under this Agreement shall continue to prevail even on such termination.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Users acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the Services, is owned by or licensed to OKIE VENTURES. By submitting content on or through the Services, users grant OKIE VENTURES a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license -with the right to sublicense- to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, distribute and make derivative works of such Content in any and all media or distribution methods now known or later developed.
- Users must not copy, distribute, make available to the public or create any derivative work from any Content belonging to OKIE VENTURES and/or any other User. OKIE VENTURES respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects Users to do the same. If users or any third party believe that their content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, they shall provide OKIE VENTURES with the following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the location of the material; (iv) contact information, including address, telephone number, and an email address; (v) a statement that such User or third party have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that such User or third party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- OKIE VENTURES reserves the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice, at its sole discretion, and without any liability
- Any intellectual property which is not specifically mentioned to be owned by OKIE VENTURES is owned by their respective owners and the owners have a right to take appropriate actions against you for any violation, infringement or passing off.
- OKIE VENTURES respects the intellectual property rights of others and does not hold any responsibility for any violations of any intellectual property rights by you.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any device you use to access the App. Accordingly, you are solely responsible for all activities that occur with your device. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your device, you will notify the relevant authorities as soon as possible.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless OKIE VENTURES, its officers, owners, directors, employees and agents, partners, co-branders, licensors, licensees, consultants, contractors and other applicable third parties (collectively ‘Indemnified Parties’) from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, cause of action, costs or debt, and expenses (including any legal fees) arising from:
- your use of and access to the App;
- your violation of any of these terms;
- your violation of any third party right, including any intellectual property right or privacy right;
- the committing of any of the prohibited activities as stated here;
- your failure to be in compliance with applicable law, including tax regulations; or
- any claim that your use of the App caused damage to a third party.
- Your use of the App, or any content, including Mobile Game, available thereof is entirely at your own option, risk, voluntarily and we shall be held harmless and not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, monetary or any other damages, fees, fines, penalties or liabilities whatsoever arising out of or relating to your use of the App or any content thereof, including Mobile Game.
- By entering the contests and accessing the OKIE VENTURES Services provided therein, Users hereby release from and agree to indemnify OKIE VENTURES, and/ or any of its directors, employees, partners, associates and licensors, from and against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out their access to the OKIE VENTURES Services including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct, indirect, consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission on their part, or otherwise.
- OKIE VENTURES accepts no liability, whether jointly or severally, for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties in relation to the prizes.
- In consideration of OKIE VENTURES allowing users to access the OKIE VENTURES Services, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Users waive and release each and every right or claim, all actions, causes of actions (present or future) each of them has or may have against OKIE VENTURES, its respective agents, directors, officers, business associates, group companies, sponsors, employees, or representatives for all and any injuries, accidents, or mishaps (whether known or unknown) or (whether anticipated or unanticipated) arising out of the provision of OKIE VENTURES Services or related to the contests or the prizes of the contests.
- You are also responsible for any breach of your obligations under the agreement and/or for the consequences of any such breach.
- NO WARRANTIES
- We shall make our best efforts to make the App available to you in the best possible manner. However, we disclaim all warranties in relation to the App, whether express or implied, including but not limited to:
- the App being constantly available or available at all;
- installation or uninstallation choices in relation to the App being successfully executed in all cases;
- that App will always function without disruptions, delay or errors;
- Your personal ability to use the App;
- Your satisfaction with the use of the App;
- the accuracy of the data provided by the App;
- the security and privacy of Your data;
- that all bugs or errors in relation to the App will be corrected;
- that the App will be compatible with all devices and all networks;
- that the App is fit for a particular purpose or use;
- that the App and the contents thereof are accessible in every location; or
- that the App and the contents would be perpetually secure and not prone to breaches of security anywhere in the world.
- The access to and use of the Services or any Content are at Users’ own risk. Users understand and agree that the Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, OKIE VENTURES disclaims all warranties and conditions, whether express or implied, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- OKIE VENTURES, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates and agents and any other service provider responsible for providing access to the App in connection with this Agreement will not be liable for any acts or omissions, including of a third party Person, and including those vendors participating in OKIE VENTURES offerings made to you, or for any unauthorized interception of data or breaches of this Agreement attributable in part to the acts or omissions of third parties persons, or for damages associated with OKIE VENTURES, or equipment that it does not furnish, or for damages that result from the operation systems, equipment, facilities or services provided by third parties persons that are interconnected with OKIE VENTURES.
- GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- The App may be controlled and operated through any country and may be subject to the laws of that country in which they are controlled and operated. If you use the App from any location, then, you are responsible for compliance with the local laws applicable to you.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India. All disputes relating to this agreement shall be settled in the courts located at Bangalore, India.
- You and OKIE VENTURES agree that any cause of action arising out of Your use of the App must be commenced within 3 (three) months after the cause of action accrues or you become aware of the facts giving rise to the cause of action, whichever is later. Otherwise, such cause of action shall be permanently barred.
- OKIE VENTURES is a skill-based Gaming Platform.
- OKIE VENTURES’s games are skill-based and are not Gambling, Gaming and Lotteries.
OKIE VENTURES may post notices within the App or send you notices on the e-mail address or the telephone number that you may have shared with us. You will have received such notices within 5 (three) days of us sending the notice. Your continued use of the App on expiry of such 5 (five) days shall constitute your receipt and acceptance of the notices sent to you.
- The contents provided through the App may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. OKIE VENTURES may make changes or improvements to the App at any time. The contents or any information available on the App is provided “as is” and “as available” and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law. OKIE VENTURES does not warrant that the functions contained in the contents will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or the servers that make them available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. OKIE VENTURES makes no commitment to update the materials on the interface. The above exclusion may not apply to you, to the extent that applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. OKIE VENTURES shall not be liable for any misuse or data theft as a consequence of your use of the App.
- The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. Users acknowledge and agree that OKIE VENTURES is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by OKIE VENTURES of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. Users acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from its use of any such websites or resources.
- You expressly represent and warrant that you will not use the App if you do not understand, Agree to become a party to, and abide by all the terms specified in this agreement. Any violation of this agreement may result in legal liability upon you. Nothing in the agreement should be construed to confer any rights to any third party person or any other person.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, OKIE VENTURES shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly or any loss of data, use, good-will, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) the access to, use of, or inability to access to or use the services; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Services, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other Users or third parties; (iii) any Content obtained from the Services; or (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of Content; or (v) any natural calamities.
- Except as expressly set forth in this agreement, we do not make any representation or warranties, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, performance, results, or arising from any course of dealing or usage of trade or in respect of any mobile game or sponsored content. We will not have any liability or responsibility to any third party game developer or sponsored content partners or any other person with respect to any claims arising out of or in connection with any sponsored content displayed on or in connection with usage of our app
- In no event shall the aggregate liability of OKIE VENTURES exceed the total amount that such User has paid to OKIE VENTURES in the three month period ending on the date of the claim, to a maximum of Two Thousand Indian Rupees (INR 2,000). The limitations shall apply to any theory of liability whether based on warranty, contract, statute, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, and whether or not OKIE VENTURES has been informed the possibility of any such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed its essential purpose.
- The failure of OKIE VENTURES to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision. In the event that any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- Special Games Terms
- The Company shall notify the users of its competitive online sports platform regarding certain Games, winning which would entitle the highest scorer to the Gift Award of the assets or cash prize. Special Games shall be announced by the Company in any manner that is convenient to the Company, and the Company reserves its right to cancel Special Games, modify their terms, all with due notice to the users of its platform.
- Any tax/levies/duty etc., as applicable on material prizes, shall be paid by the winner of the game.
- The user is eligible to receive the winnings post satisfactory completion of KYC formalities.
- The User will have to provide his valid PAN card self-attested copy so that OKIE VENTURES can file TDS deducted accordingly.
- As per Section 194B of the Income Tax Act, 1961, TDS (tax deducted at source) Rules for any sort of game winning in India, 31.2% TDS should be deducted on any winning above Rs.10,000/- in a single game.
- There is no TDS deducted as the winning amounts are up to or less than Rs.10,000/- on OKIE VENTURES.
- Participants are strictly eligible to win only one game within a multiple game format in a sponsored
- Players who have won sponsored tournament first prize are not eligible to win any other sponsored tournament for a duration of at least 3 months.
- Standard Terms & Conditions for OKIE VENTURES Referral Program
- Only ‘successful referrals’ will be counted towards this offer.
- A successful referral is an event in which a new user will install the OKIE VENTURES app and complete the sign up by clicking on the referral link of the referrer or by putting the Referrer’s unique referral code inside the app.
- User can earn reward only for the first 300 ‘successful referrals.’
- User will not get any reward for any friend he refers post 300 ‘successful referrals.’
- OKIE VENTURES reserves the right to award offers and related benefits as per internal policy decided by OKIE VENTURES from time to time.
- OKIE VENTURES reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions, end the offer, or call back any or all of its offers without prior notice.
- In case of any dispute, OKIE VENTURES reserves the right to resolve the same as per the Terms & conditions of the offer at its sole discretion.
- In case a separate agreement is entered with the user, that agreement will override this standard agreement and terms & conditions of that agreement will prevail.
- User Conduct
- restricting, suspending, or terminating any user’s access to all or any part of OKIE VENTURES Services;
- deactivating or blocking or deleting a user’s account and all related information and files on the account. Any amount remaining unused in the User’s game account or winnings account on the date of deactivation or deletion shall be transferred to the user’s bank account on record with OKIE VENTURES subject to a processing fee (if any) applicable on such transfers as set out herein; or
- refraining from awarding any prize(s) to such User
- Users agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information at the time of registration and at all other times (as required by OKIE VENTURES). Users further agree to update and keep updated their registration information.
- A user shall not register or operate more than one User account with OKIE VENTURES.
- Users agree to ensure that they can receive all communication from OKIE VENTURES by marking e-mails or sending SMSs from OKIE VENTURES as part of their “safe senders” list. OKIE VENTURES shall not be held liable if any e-mail/SMS remains unread by a User as a result of such e-mail getting delivered to the User’s junk or spam folder.
- Any password issued by OKIE VENTURES to a User may not be revealed to anyone else. Users may not use anyone else’s password. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their accounts and passwords. Users agree to immediately notify OKIE VENTURES of any unauthorized use of their passwords or accounts or any other breach of security.
- Users agree to exit/log-out of their accounts at the end of each session. OKIE VENTURES shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may result if the User fails to comply with these requirements.
- Users agree not to use cheats, exploits, automation, software, bots, hacks or any unauthorised third party software designed to modify or interfere with OKIE VENTURES Services and/or OKIE VENTURES experience or assist in such activity.
- Users agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right to the technology or software underlying OKIE VENTURES or OKIE VENTURES’s Services.
- Users agree that without OKIE VENTURES’s express written consent, they shall not modify or cause to be modified any files or software that are part of OKIE VENTURES’s Services.
- Users agree not to disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of (a) any computer or server used to offer or support OKIE VENTURES or the OKIE VENTURES’s Services (each a “Server”); or (2) the enjoyment of OKIE VENTURES Services by any other User or person.
- Users agree not to institute, assist or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation to distribution of a virus, denial of service, or other attempts to disrupt OKIE VENTURES Services or any other person’s use or enjoyment of OKIE VENTURES Services.
- Users shall not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the User accounts, Servers or networks connected to OKIE VENTURES Services by any means other than the User interface provided by OKIE VENTURES, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that underlies or is part of OKIE VENTURES Services.
- Without limiting the foregoing, users agree not to use OKIE VENTURES for any of the following:
- To engage in any obscene, offensive, indecent, racial, communal, anti-national, objectionable, defamatory or abusive action or communication;
- To harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate any legal rights of other individuals;
- To publish, post, upload, e-mail, distribute, or disseminate (collectively, “Transmit”) any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful content;
- To Transmit files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of another person’s computer, OKIE VENTURES, any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- To advertise, offer or sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose on OKIE VENTURES without the express written consent of OKIE VENTURES;
- To download any file, recompile or disassemble or otherwise affect our products that you know or reasonably should know cannot be legally obtained in such manner;
- To falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or the source of software or other material;
- To restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any public area within our sites;
- To collect or store personal information about other Users;
- To interfere with or disrupt OKIE VENTURES, servers, or networks;
- To impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a representative of OKIE VENTURES, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent User’s affiliation with a person or entity;
- To forge headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through OKIE VENTURES or to manipulate User’s presence on OKIE VENTURES(s);
- To take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- To engage in any illegal activities. You agree to use our bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or message or communication facilities (collectively, the “Forums”) only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to that particular Forum.
- If a User chooses a username that, in OKIE VENTURES’s considered opinion is obscene, indecent, abusive or that might subject OKIE VENTURES to public disparagement or scorn, OKIE VENTURES reserves the right, without prior notice to the User, to change such username and intimate the User or delete such username and posts from OKIE VENTURES, deny such User access to OKIE VENTURES, or any combination of these options.
- Unauthorized access to OKIE VENTURES is a breach of these Terms and Conditions, and a violation of the law. Users agree not to access OKIE VENTURES by any means other than through the interface that is provided by OKIE VENTURES for use in accessing OKIE VENTURES. Users agree not to use any automated means, including, without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access, monitor, or copy any part of our sites, except those automated means that we have approved in advance and in writing.
- Use of OKIE VENTURES is subject to existing laws and legal processes. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall limit OKIE VENTURES’s right to comply with governmental, court, and law-enforcement requests or requirements relating to Users’ use of OKIE VENTURES.
- Users may reach out to OKIE VENTURES through –
- Helpdesk if the user has any concerns with regard to a match and/or contest within Forty Eight (48) hours of winner declaration for the concerned contest.
- Persons below the age of eighteen (18) years are not allowed to participate on any of the contests, games (by whatever name called) on the OKIE VENTURES Platform. The Users will have to disclose their real age at the time of getting access into the OKIE VENTURES Platform.
- OKIE VENTURES may not be held responsible for any content contributed by users on the OKIE VENTURES.
- We as a merchant shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of authorization for any Transaction, on Account of the Cardholder having exceeded the preset limit mutually agreed by us with our acquiring bank from time to time.
RETURN, REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
Our focus is complete customer satisfaction. We will try our best to create the best user experience for our users.
Please read the rules of each tournament before participating, it provides all the details about the tournament. Please note that this Return, Refund and Cancellation Policy is part of the Terms and Conditions above.
Rule of every tournament is different.
We do not cancel registrations once entered. In an exceptional situation, that there is an error & fault while making payment or participation fee, for any tournament or match, we will refund the money, provided the reasons are genuine and proved after investigation.
In case, any match or tournament is cancelled from our side or we cancel your participation in any Mobile Game or tournament or Contest because of any reason, we will Refund your entry fee in your wallet within a reasonable amount of time which can be withdrawn or utilized to play other tournament.
In case of payments made through a payment gateway or a wallet, payments refund will be made to the same account.
Please note that the user must withdraw any idle balance lying in their ‘Wallet’ within 365 days of having won that amount. Similarly, users must use any money in their ‘Wallet’ within 365 days. If not, the said amounts will have to be forfeited. For any queries related to refund send an email to us at email@example.com
Skill based Gaming & Tournaments
Skill-based gaming has a well-established legal, social and commercial history. From classic board games to major sports tournaments, games of skill have long offered participants a chance to compete based on one’s ability. Today, games of skill are available on most major media sites like AOL, MSN, & Yahoo and others, and are complemented by an emerging electronic sports (eSports) industry that lets professional gamers compete in popular video games with real money at stake.
Are Skill-based Tournaments Gambling?
Cash-based tournaments in games of skill are not considered gambling because the generally accepted definition of gambling involves three specific things: (1) the award of a prize, (2) paid-in consideration (meaning entrants pay to compete) and (3) an outcome determined on the basis of chance. Without all three of these elements, a competition that reward real prizes is not gambling. In the case of games on OKIE Ventures & tournaments, outcomes are not determined by chance, but are rather achieved through a player’s skill or ability, making these tournaments legal in most states of India.
The two main enactments dealing with gaming in India are the pre-Independence Public Gambling Act, 1867 (PGA) and the Prize Competitions Act, 1955 (PCA). The PGA criminalises the act of gambling in a public forum in India and the keeping of a ‘common gaming house’. Common gaming-house is defined as any house, walled enclosure, room or place in which cards, dice, tables or other instruments of gaming are kept or used for the profit or gain of the person owning, occupying, using or keeping such house, enclosure, room or place, whether by way of charge for the use of the instruments of gaming, or of the house, enclosure, room or place or otherwise howsoever.
As per the Seventh Schedule to the Constitution of India (Entries 34 and 62 of List II), the state governments have been authorised to make laws on betting and gambling. Therefore, where a state legislation on gambling exists, it prevails over the PGA, which is a central legislation promulgated earlier in time. Accordingly, in addition to the PGA, a number of states in India have enacted legislation to govern gambling and gaming within these states.
Section 12 of the Public Gambling Act exempts games of skill from the penal provisions against gambling – ‘Nothing in the foregoing provisions of this Act contained shall be held to apply to any game of mere skill wherever played’.
The games & tournaments hosted on the OKIE Ventures platform are ‘Games of Skills’, such that the outcome/success in the games is directly dependent on the User’s effort, performance and skill. By choosing how to play, the actions of users shall have direct impact on the game. It is purely dependent on the skills and performance of the player in the game. The performance of a user ought to improve with time and practice.
OKIE Ventures shall not be liable if users do not adhere to the Game & tournament rules or otherwise engage in gambling or betting activities on the Platform. ‘Games of Skill’, under Indian law, are excluded from the ambit of gambling legislations including, the Public Gambling Act of 1867 and other state enactments except in the states of Assam, Odisha, Nagaland, Sikkim and Telangana. Hence, the individuals residing in the Restricted States should not participate in any Contest or Mobile Games offered on the OKIE Ventures Platform. Any participation by such individuals shall be at their sole risk and discretion and OKIE Ventures and its employees and associates shall not be liable to refund or reimburse any injury or damages suffered by such individuals.